Friday, April 08, 2005

We are all survivors

I decline to accept the end of man ... I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal not because he alone among creatures has an unexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

William Faulkner, upon acceptance of his Nobel Prize for Literature

This reminds me of something I once heard about how all of us alive on earth today come from generations of survivors. We have as much stuff in us as we need to endure most problems that people could confront. If our families survived through the generations, then we can too.

1 Comments:

Blogger theColin: (xo) said...

I love this quote, it's perfect! Your writings are very very enlightened and evolved. This is always a pleasant place to visit. Thank you!

P.S. - Thanks for the link! ;)

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home